Tuesday 13 August 2013

Recovering Slowly

Over the past year, my health has been drastically worse whilst struggling to recover from my wedding. I'd hate to think how bad I might have been if I hadn't restricted everything to 20 guests and a tiny, tiny quiet celebration. In this time, I've still been playing WoW, trying to learn a new expansion, trying to keep my raid team going etc. Some of it has been successful and some not. My guild struggled a lot and eventually had to close down its raid team. Many of the more active members of the guild stopped playing WoW and I barely did anything on AH at all aside from buying things to make myself smile or upgrade armour to allow me to catch up with other raiding characters.

With the funds I had stored I didn't really need to worry about gold, so I just let it slip out of my mind and focused on finding somewhere new to raid and on getting back to a stable health pattern again. Suddenly this week I noticed that my little nest egg had dropped all the way to around 400k. I realise that this may still be more gold than many players have as most do not enjoy spending many hours engaging in "AH PvP" as a friend of mine has been known to call it.  For me though, this drop was horrific! The start of the expansion had seen me with over 2 million gold. My new raiding home had been sorted and I had caught up in item level with my new friends, but my gold balance was woefully lacking.

Time for a kick up the backside and some hard work!

It occurred to me that this would be a great time to document how I go about gaining gold in the game. Many friends and guildmates ask how I manage to make money, so I shall endeavour to give an update and record of what I have been doing every Tuesday when I reach the end of my WoW week.

To prepare for my hard climb back to millionaire status, I have spent the past week checking on my auction house addons. By fortuitous coincidence, the new version of Tradeskill Manager was released this week, so I have spent a lot of time this week learning how to use the reworked features and in setting up endless groups from scratch. For anyone wanting to have a look, it is now available for public download at Curse and the TSM team have put a LOT of very hard work into it. It's very special!

Show Me The Money!

Starting capital: 389,659g



No comments:

Post a Comment