Wednesday 4 July 2018

Week 11 - Warlock Appreciation

Our penultimate week of alt appreciation takes us to Warlock Appreciation week and time to introduce to you Camigwen the Gnome Warlock! I have to admit, I did slightly go off Gnomes after the character model upgrade. For me, the new version feels like the features are just stuck on as an after effect...sort of like a Mrs Potato Head toy if you see what I mean.


This will likely surprise anyone that knows me well (especially as we are talking about a DPS character), but of all the characters I still actively play, this is the oldest. She was created on the first day of Classic WoW release and has transferred through servers with me. My priest came along too and priest was the first class I played, but I started with a human priest and only replaced her with my dwarf at the end of Classic WoW (yes, WoW babies, there were no nice race changes back then).

Camigwen on the Warlock Class mount (Affliction version) with Erik the Netherspace Abyssal
I had already completed the class hall and mount quests on my warlock so I contented myself with enjoying the silithus artifact stuff this week. When it comes to the Warlock, I tend to go a bit back and forth on which I enjoy more out of affliction or destruction specs. Both have their pros and cons, and for the most part, I enjoy playing them. I just cannot make myself like demonology though for some reason. It's changed so much over the years and is about to change drastically again, but I still haven't found a way to enjoy it in any of its variants.

http://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room#Rkzs0zJ8z9MMV0zV9m8iwD808iwH87ciwB87kiwJ808ibB87cBzP808MUf87c

For some reason, My warlock is also one of the few characters I seem to dress in transmogs that do not have the helm hidden. I guess that could have a lot to do with how I feel about the current Gnome character models perhaps. Currently, I am using the outfit below as it matches in nicely with one of the artifact appearances but the one on above was my favourite for a very long time.
Prideful Gladiator's Felweave

So, one more week of alt appreciation to go and we end with one of the classes I struggle most with: Warrior!

No comments:

Post a Comment