Wednesday 18 April 2018

Financial Update

There have been a lot of changes in the way that the Warcraft economy works since I absented myself from my blog. We've seen the arrival of missions boards first in garrisons and then order halls which provide a steady income of gold. Upgradeable crafting items have kept the crafting markets really competitive on the auction house for the entirety of an expansion. Tokens to buy gold or game time were introduced. The gold cap per character was raised to 10 million allowing for easier storage of gold and much larger bids on the Black Market Auction House. There were probably many other small changes that have slipped my mind at the moment, but in general, the situation is that it is much easier for players to acquire gold if they are actively trying to do so.

While I have been away from the blog, I have gone through phases of slacking at gold making and actively working on it (depending on my health at the time) as usual and my funds are significantly higher than when I last did a gold post. But let's be fair, it has been two expansions! My main account is still covered by a subscription, but I am running a second account for auction purposes that is paid for with tokens. With the ridiculous price of EU tokens, that isn't a small amount of money.



Over the past expansion, I have also indulged in a few of the silly gold sink items that were introduced in Legion. It won't surprise anyone that has been here before to know that I bought the Celestial Calf to add to the collection of Eriks as soon as it was available. He's not actually called Erik though, as I named him after the guildmate who regularly checked Dalaran for me to let me know when the merchant arrived. I love that the calf regularly casts Starfall as an idle animation, but it's really difficult to actually see any detail on the pet at all. I also caved and bought myself a spider mount. Then I felt bad at spending so much money on myself so I pushed myself to earn more in order to buy a mount for my two wonderful minions that do so much to help keep me sane and feel like a real human being.

So where am I currently?

Show Me The Money!
14,164,923g

For next time I'll finish sorting out my auction alt again and see how well I did while putting some reasonable effort in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment