Tuesday 1 May 2018

Week 2 - Demon Hunter Appreciation

Yay! More melee!

My Demon Hunter is named Asterwyn. Regular readers will be aware that I'm really not a fan of elf types and my Demon Hunter is no exception. Illidari and melee? Boy, was I in for an "interesting" week! I really didn't think that aspect through when I neatly assigned myself a class each week in alphabetical order, did I? My Demon Hunter has barely been touched at all really, aside from levelling her quickly to 110. Taking a quick assessment at the start of the week, I found that she still hadn't finished her class hall, only had 4 followers, had done nothing with her professions, didn't have a class mount and hadn't even looked at Argus quests. Hmmm...this looked like it would be a busy week. Definitely time to summon the help of some minions to get me through dungeons for the class hall quests at the very least!


I didn't really have a lot of transmog options that looked functional and yet still showed off the tattoos, but this is what I ended up settling with. It's pretty much just the Legion PvP set Vindicative Gladiator's Felskin Armor. I just couldn't get enthusiastic about customising it. I don't know what it is about Night Elves that I just can't get into, but it wasn't working for me.

I ended up with a lot of housework this week, which drastically reduced my online time. This didn't help with the huge amount of catch up I had for the Demon Hunter. Minion #2 (only ranked in chronological order of when he became my minion) and his lovely partner dutifully carried my sorry Illidari backside through the dungeons required for my class hall. Thank you once again for selflessly giving up your time! I did manage to complete the class hall chain and I got through a lot of the Broken Shore and Argus chain but got bottle-necked at missions and world quests. While I love that a lot of this expansion has been very casual player friendly, all the endless dungeon quests and the questlines that stall waiting out timers really do not help with alt characters. Still, I now have 7 followers for missions (as soon as the class hall upgrade finishes) and the Argus chain is almost completed so that will help with gaining gold. The professions I gave her were for gathering only really (enchanting and herbalism) and I decided to just focus on collecting materials as I went about rather than powering up the skills as I didn't really need them to be higher levels. I still have the class mount to acquire too. I'd hoped to get that finished before the end of the week, but the Broken Shore quest chain needs to be finished before I can get any further there. That will have to wait for another time.

In summary, this week felt very tedious and rushed. Maybe it would have felt less of a chore if it hadn't followed on straight after the Death Knight week, but I can't turn back time! Here's to Druid week!

No comments:

Post a Comment