Tuesday 8 May 2018

Week 3 - Druid Appreciation

My Druid is already fairly well played. Each expansion, she is usually the first alt I pick up to work on after my main character and as such her Class Hall is already completed, she has her class mount form, she's been doing heroic Antorus raids and even has most of her professions rounded out. This is Seara, originally a Night Elf but race changed once Worgen became available as anything had to be better than playing a race I really dislike. I'm not a huge fan of Worgen either though so I am looking forward to having new Alliance Druid options when more Allied races become available.


Her Restoration healer outfit on the left is just the Cruel Gladiator's Dragonhide armour set and she's followed around by Sombrius, her little Blossoming Ancient. The outfit on the right is what she wears while being Balance and not in moonkin form (rare, but it does happen) along with her little moonkin hatchling pet, Yuli. Both of these pets are named after friends that made those specs shine for me.
Worgen Druid mount form

I did do a little work on trying to get some of the skinning ranks that she hasn't acquired yet this week and managed to get the quest chain for [Mother's Skinning Knife] to drop. As there was so little to finish on her this week, I decided to take a short visit to another Druid alt. I'm levelling a Highmountain Tauren as I'd like to have access to the armour in case I decide to play one at some point. I always liked Tauren. I used to play a lot of Tauren before I started raiding, but when the graphical updates for characters came in, I didn't like the way the faces had changed for the Tauren. I found myself no longer liking any of my Tauren characters and no amount of customising seemed to make one that I could be happy with anymore. The Highmountain Tauren though, manage to work for me. Perhaps the tattoos obscure the face and soften it enough to not annoy me? Whatever it is, I am enjoying my little HM Tauren Druid, Wenona.
Wenona, with Erik the baby elderhorn. Her transmog is something I threw together to show off her tattoos while still looking plain and practical. You can find the individual items linked here 

To make things a little different this time, I decided to level her as a bear (or possibly it might have been a subtle influence from one of my raid leaders who happens to be a Guardian Druid). I'm loving the pretty graphics for the new druid forms but the bear definitely seems to level a lot slower than a moonkin. It might just be that I haven't reached a high enough level to get to the good stuff yet, but I seem to be able to pull just as many enemies whilst levelling as a moonkin and kill them faster. I do like the versatility of Druids. I love that they can cover every role in game (even if I don't tend to play every role in game). Druid was the first class I ever played in WoW. My beta character was a Tauren Druid and I never really lost the love of them. I managed to get my baby Druid from mid-20s to mid-40s though, which is quite a heavy amount of levelling in one week for me.
I really love the Highmountain Tauren druid travel form

No comments:

Post a Comment