Wednesday 16 May 2018

Week 4 - Hunter Appreciation

I have a strange relationship with the hunter class. It has always secretly been one of my favourites, but I only really like playing it solo. Me and my pet. It's always been the default choice I go to when I want to do stuff completely on my own without being bothered by people. I've had many hunters over the years. I daresay I probably have about 10 of them dotted about on different servers/factions.
Ellywick with Skitter the spider and the Bloodfang Widow mount. I love the black hat too! (Fine Pilgrim's Hat)


The hunter I play most frequently, however, is Ellywick. She is a Gnome, although at the time of last doing the alt appreciation posts she was a Pandaren. She was a Dwarf before that too.  I have a tendency to try to match mounts, pets and companion pets together with outfits on the hunter for some reason. I'll include some pictures of my favourites, although I won't include the turtle set as I did that last time!

Basil the Fox and the Llothien Prowler mount complete with a dancing fox kit in the background


I do find that when I play my hunter, I often find myself talking to my pet as I play. No, I have no idea why I do that either. I love the survivability and independence of being a hunter while questing. It's great for the days when the ME/CFS is too much and I can't focus well. My comfort characters! Lately, however, I was talked into taking my hunter along to our normal alt raids which turned out to be less traumatic than I'd expected. My guild leader bribed me with helpful macros so that I wouldn't get tired as easily and it worked! He's always helpful like that by trying to make things less tiring for me to be able to play.

My most common companions at the moment. I love the little baby Elderhorn pet as it has lovely idle animations, and yes, the moose is called Chocolate :D


So what did I do this week? Firstly, I sent Ellywick out to pick up a mechanical bunny pet as I've wanted one for ages and kept putting it off as I didn't want to camp for it. I know most Gnome hunters get one for free, but I didn't start as a Gnome! As it turned out, I managed to find Rabbot really quickly and that didn't take anywhere near as long as I had expected. I had already finished my class hall and Argus quest chains and have the class mount, so next I decided to let her farm for the Cross Gazer pet that I'd been putting off (again due to time constraints). This one totally took as long as I expected though. The grind didn't seem as bad on the hunter, which is a good thing. I'll have to remember that next time I have to grind stuff.

The only hunter pet I have that is actually called Erik! I love the braids so much that I had to get matching hair too!

So that's it for me and the hunter this week. See you next week for some Mage appreciation!

No comments:

Post a Comment