Thursday 24 May 2018

Week 5 - Mage Appreciation

Apologies for being slightly late this week. Sickness just will not be scheduled, damn it!

So this week was Mage appreciation week. My Mage is actually fairly well-rounded out already. Whilst I don't play her in groups much, she is my main tailor and enchanter so I like to get her levelled early.

Introducing Rhiannon, Dwarf Fire Mage!



I tend to find myself gravitating to fire spec a lot each expansion. Last time we did the alt appreciation, she was still a Pandaren but I finally afforded a race change. It's funny really...I changed so many characters from dwarves to other races for a little diversity, but a few years later, all I wanted to do was get my Dwarves back! Here she is pictured with Erik the cinder pup on the flaming disc that is her class mount. A lot of people seemed unhappy with the class mount saying that it was too similar to the disc mount we'd had before, but I thought the discs suited the class and having a different version for each spec made it work.

There was very little for me to do on this character as she'd already completed her class hall, Argus quest chain and professions but then I remembered that she was still missing one polymorph (polymorph: porcupine). It seemed like a good time to go and farm for it. Now she has all the polymorphs currently available (I am still bitter that the glyph to have polymorph penguin was removed and keep hoping for it to be reintroduced as a baseline polymorph). The porcupine is a little boring really, but I wanted it for completion's sake.

Then, of course, I got sick, and I'm somewhat glad there was little for me to finish off on this character!

I do prefer ranged DPS classes to anything bar a healer, but for some reason, I find it hard to connect with the Mage in groups. I don't enjoy arcane or frost specs much and fire always seems to be ridiculously gear and RNG dependant which makes it unlikely to ever perform well as an underplayed alt character. Still, I like the fantasy of throwing fireballs about and it's nice to do something different some days.

Join me next week for Monk!

No comments:

Post a Comment